Apple’s most recent iPhone 7 has been out for several months now, but questions still abound about this model of the iconic phone. One of the most common questions that users have is why does my iPhone 7 get hot and how to fix it? While this seems like an easy question to answer, the answer isn’t quite as clear-cut as you might expect because multiple factors can lead to an overheating iPhone 7, or any phone for that matter.
What Causes An iPhone 7 To Overheat
Many things can cause your iPhone 7 to overheat. For example, if you leave it in a hot car or under direct sunlight for too long, the heat can damage the internal components. Other causes include using certain apps that tax the processor or playing graphics-intensive games.
If your iPhone 7 gets too hot, it will be called Safe Mode. In this mode, the phone will dim the screen and disable all but the essential functions until it cools down. To fix an overheating iPhone 7, try these quick tips
What Are The Symptoms Of An Overheating iPhone
1. Your iPhone feels warm to the touch.
2. The back of your iPhone is hot.
3. Your battery drains quickly.
4. Apps are crashing or running slowly.
5. Your screen goes dark or flickers.
6. You can’t turn on your iPhone or it turns off by itself.
7 . You see a Temperature Warning or Thermal Event message on your iPhone
Ways To Stop An Overheating iPhone
1. Check for any visible damage on the device, like a cracked screen.
2. Make sure your iPhone has good airflow. Avoid using it in a hot car or direct sunlight for long periods.
3. Keep up-to-date with iOS updates, as they often include fixes for common issues.
4. Avoid using too many apps at once or ones that require a lot of processing power, as this can cause your iPhone to overheat.
5. Take off any case or screen protector that might be impeding airflow to the phone.
6. If all else fails, try resetting your iPhone to its factory settings as a last resort measure.
What Are The Long Term Effects Of Exposing Your Phone To Heat?
While there is no definitive answer, exposing your phone to heat can cause long-term damage. The heat can degrade the battery, causing it to swell and potentially burst. Additionally, repeated exposure to heat can damage the motherboard, causing your phone to overheat and potentially shut down.
In extreme cases, exposure to heat can cause the phone’s casing to warp and melt. If you’re concerned about the long-term effects of exposing your phone to heat, consider taking steps to protect it. For example, avoid leaving your phone in a hot car or direct sunlight for extended periods.
Similarly, avoid putting it near anything that generates heat such as ovens or space heaters. When possible, use a case that provides additional protection from the elements like insulation from cold temperatures or heat waves.
Is There Anything Else That Can Cause An iPhone To Overheat?
Your iPhone could be overheating for several reasons. Maybe you have an app that’s particularly demanding, or you’re using your phone in a hot environment. If your iPhone is consistently overheating, it could be a sign of a hardware issue.
In rare cases, an iPhone may overheat because of a manufacturing defect. Many external factors can make your device run hotter than usual. Let’s take a look at some ways to solve the problem:
1) Shut down any apps running in the background. Closing these will not only save battery life but also cool down your device faster when you need it most.
2) Lower the brightness on your screen. The brighter the screen, the more power is used and therefore generates more heat.
3) Make sure any protective case fits securely around your device so there are no air gaps for heat to escape from.
When should you be worried about your phone’s heat issues?
If your iPhone 7 is only slightly warm to the touch, it’s probably nothing to worry about. However, if it feels hot to the touch, or if it’s frequently overheating, there could be a problem. Here are three possible reasons why your phone might be heating too much The first cause of excessive heat is heavy use.
The more you use your phone, the hotter it will get, so avoid using your device while charging and while charging other devices like laptops and tablets. You can also try adjusting the brightness level on your screen or turning off some of its features like location services and notifications to reduce strain on its hardware.
Another reason for an over-heated phone may be due to what you’re using your device for—downloading videos or watching movies.
Frequently Asked Questions About Heating iPhones
1. Why does my iPhone get hot?
2. Is it normal for my iPhone to get hot?
3. What can I do to prevent my iPhone from getting hot?
4. What should I do if my iPhone gets hot?
5. What are some common causes of an overheating iPhone?
6. How can I tell if my iPhone is overheating?
7. Can an overheating iPhone cause permanent damage?
Is there a quick fix for my phone heating up?
While there are some quick fixes you can try at home, it’s always best to take your phone to the Apple Store for a professional opinion. Here are a few things you can try in the meantime:
1. Take off your phone case.
2. Avoid using your phone in direct sunlight.
3. Don’t charge your phone overnight.
4. Keep apps up to date.
5. Reduce screen brightness or use auto-brightness.
6. Limit background app refresh.
7. Delete unused apps.
List of additional tips for keeping your phone cool.
1. Avoid direct sunlight – Keeping your phone in direct sunlight can cause it to overheat.
2. Don’t leave it in a hot car – Just like you, your phone can suffer from heatstroke if it’s left in a hot car.
3. Keep it out of tight pockets – If your pocket is too tight, it doesn’t allow heat to escape and can cause your phone to overheat.
4. Avoid using it while it’s charging – Using your phone while it’s plugged in can cause it to overheat.
5. Don’t use heavy-duty apps for long periods – Games and other resource-intensive apps can put a strain on your phone and cause it to overheat.